Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Food in Germany

I can not claim to love the Bavarian style food in Germany. I did not try most of it to be honest.  I had schnitzel, which tasted like breaded pork chop to me and some kind of Germany style beef that i was not impressed with.  After 5 days, I got tired of eating pizza and sandwiches and went off in search of other food options.  There is a lot of pizza in Germany and Italians. I did not want the usual Burger King, McDonald's, or Kentucky Fried chicken. Yes, they have all of these fast food chains. This is when I found out I like Thai food and arugala salad.  The food tastes better in Germany for some reason.  I do not know why.  They take a lot of the high fructose corn syrup out of the soda and do not have as many artificial colors for candy.  There are white starburst and only red, yellow, and brown M & M's. Then there is the Beer. Who can forget about that? It has a definite huge cultural importance in Munich. There was beer on breaks, beer with lunch, beer with dinner, and beer gardens everywhere. People walked down the street drinking beer. This was the biggest cultural shock to me. It was strange to see people waiting for the tram with beer. Beer is also a large part of the history in Munich. They won a war by bribing someone with beer.  These are the average liters of beer that are served in the beer gardens all over Bavaria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment