Saturday, June 4, 2016

Differences from home

I found many differences from home here in Germany.  Munich although immense is an exceptionally safe city compared to U.S. cities.  This is due to their strict gun laws and police enforcement.  The police are everywhere and they do not put up with anything.  I had to get used to being able to walk around at night comfortably by myself.  I think it is an American thing to always be on guard and look over our shoulders.  This trip has given me a view into my life as an American as well.  I went to experience another culture and their culture taught me about mine.  Europeans are not afraid to fly.  They ride planes for 20 or 50 euros every other weekend to see their friends in Madrid.  I know quite a few Americans who would never step foot on a plane in Europe. As I mentioned before there is no air conditioning.  They drink beer whether alcoholic or non alcoholic with lunch.  The German people are more professional when it comes to business.  When we were in class there was no time wasted.  In America there are distractions and jokes during class.  There are too many differences to list here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment